Dear Colleagues and previous Conference Participants,
We are pleased to announce the 6th International Conference of Economic Sciences (to be held on May 4-5, 2017) which aims to explore the AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS.
"Agricultural economics arose in the late 19th century, combined the theory of the firm with marketing and organization theory, and developed throughout the 20th century largely as an empirical branch of general economics. The discipline was closely linked to empirical applications of mathematical statistics and made early and significant contributions to econometric methods. From the 1960s, agricultural economists were drawn to the development problems of poor countries, to the trade and macroeconomic policy implications of agriculture in richer countries, and to a variety of issues in production, consumption, environmental and resource economics." - Macmillan
The conference invites a diverse set of papers, centred on the discipline of Agricultural Economics. Sessions cover topics including
- agricultural policy,
- trade environmental economics and policy,
- supply chain analysis,
- food demand and marketing,
- structural adjustment of agriculture,
- climate change impacts and mitigation,
- livestock production and disease,
- agricultural development,
- technology adoption,
- the economics of bioenergy,
- modelling and analysis techniques.
- The official language of the conference will be English.
- The 10 minute oral presentations are followed by a 5 minute discussion.
- Posters will be continuously on display in a designated hall during the conference. As they will be electronically projected, posters should not be printed out, only transmitted to our colleague via a data medium.
Looking forward to meeting you in Kaposvár!
Prof. Dr. Ferenc SZÁVAI
Dr. Anett PARÁDI-DOLGOS
Dean - Faculty of Economic Science
Hungarian Academy of Sciences – Regional Committee of Pécs
Agricultural Sciences Commission – Working Committee of Agricultural Economics